Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ski Hats

I got a hat for Christmas. It is one of those hats with the strings that hang down from the side, and all they essentially do is make any person wearing the hat look like a goofball. I love my goofy hat. When I got back to Samford, it was (and is still) freezing. I wear my hat outside with my coat, and it keeps my head so very warm. But sometimes I just feel weird when I wear it and I'll take it off and stuff it in my pocket, sacrificing the warmth of my head so that people won't stare at my hat. Lately though, I've realized that I'd rather people stare at my hat and think it's weird or goofy and have warmth, than stuff it in my pocket, where it does me no good what-so-ever, and be cold.

I realized that I didn't care anymore, and that is when it hit me.


Is God like my hat?


Do I love God in my quiet times, when I feel close to Him and forget Him in my everyday life? Do I shove God in my pocket at times when I feel weird because of what I believe? Am I ashamed to say what I believe because of what others think?

I want to love God with all I am, and to not be arrogant, but to know and remember that the God that I love and serve is indescribable, powerful, gracious, big enough, and great enough to be proud of, and He is too big for me to try to shove in my pocket.

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.

-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment