Sunday, February 7, 2010

Tim Foote

What my life comes down to, in the end, is what I do with the hashmark that will be between two numbers on my tombstone. Whether I live that hashmark to bring glory to my name, or to the name of the one who gives me life, is the decision that I have to make.

I think about the love and the mercy and the free grace that I have been given and I am silenced and amazed. The love that is shown in the cross blows my mind, the mercy that I was given when I deserved punishment Jesus took in His death on the cross, and the grace I recieved in recieving a reward for what I had not earned; these three things are beyond description for my human mind. How God could love a pitiful and imperfect soul enough that He'd give up His Son for my life is past my comprehension.


I recently have taken up the hobby of photography to a new level. Lately, I have been photographing sunsets, birds on the lagoon, lakes, trees, cliffsides, snow, and other works of God's hand. It amazes me that God, who could create these things by speaking a few simple words could have the time of day for me. Then, at night, I can see the heavens, and stars that God knows by name. To me, the stars are innumerable, but God knows them by name. These beautiful creations that God put in the sky, are not as important to him as I am, as His most precious creation is. God's love for us above all other creations amazes me, and I hope that it will continue to as I live the life that He has given me.

I want the love God gives to define the hashmark between the numbers on my tombstone.

Come, Lord Jesus.

-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment