Sunday, August 1, 2010

chronicles of a new kid in town

Yesterday I moved to Mount Juliet, Tennessee with my family. We woke up early and began packing the uhaul trailer and after many arguments, several hotdogs, and a severely destroyed timeline, we left. Four hours later than we had aimed for. Life goes on, and so did our move.

Leaving at four in the afternoon for a seven hour drive isn’t necessarily too bad. The bad part is the fact that your mother wants to unpack everything upon arrival is BAD. But we’ll get to that later. We decided to bring two cars with us to the new apartment, so my mom and dad rode together and Daniel and I were together in his little Scion xB. The trip started with a bang for us. We were driving down the road and I saw a girl while we were jamming out and decided I’d be ridiculous until she looked over and saw me. A few moments later she looks over and bursts out laughing. Daniel and I got a kick out of it, and then another idea hit me. After spazzing out in the dash to find a napkin and a pencil, I wrote down my phone number on the napkin and held it to the window. She took my number and later texted me. Daniel and I laughed about it for quite a while. Aside from that, nothing crazy happened other than the fact that we laughed a lot and I took a lot of pictures of us being, well…us. We were ahead of our parents by 35 minutes when we stopped for dinner at Chick-Fil-A. We sat there and laughed about how ridiculous women’s shoes were. A girl there had on sandals that looked like holey socks. I just don’t understand and don’t think I ever will. Afterwards we had to get gas and did so at the exit for Samford. It was nice being in the familiar Homewood area again if only for a few minutes. I took over the driving for the rest of the drive and therefore gained control of the iPod. I introduced Daniel to Ben Rector and he is learning the appreciation of his music. The rest of the trip was rather uneventful, and we reached the apartment before the rents and unpacked his car, and checked out the new home. It’s not too shabby. I kinda like it. My parents got there about 25 minutes after us and we then began the process of unloading the van and our 6’ X 12’ uhaul trailer. We started unloading around 12:45 and finished everything around 2:15. I never realized how much JUNK we had until that moment around 2:00 am. The entire apartment was in disarray, but we fixed the beds, (me an air mattress), and showered from being men (it’s so hot even at the wee hours of the morning, especially when lifting heavy boxes, beds, and tables up to the second floor), and then we hit the hay. I think we might have moved. Weird.

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment