Monday, March 1, 2010

Life as we know it.

It has been quite an eventful weekend here at Samford. It has been a very good one at that. Step Sing is over, the tests come up, the essays are due and the all-nighters are everywhere. I was proud of myself having successfully finished my essay before sunset the day before it was due. HUGE marker in my study life.

But after school, this was the first Step Sing-free weekend since the beginning of school, and I didn't know what to do with myself. I spent Friday with Justin Warden, just chilling and watching Apolo Ohno dominate the skating arena and jumping everywhere. And Saturday was filled with lots of great fun. I went and saw "The Complete History of America: Abriged" with some of the guys and then went rollerblading at Skates 280, where "it's cool and shady." Well, a slogan like that makes me want to come back SO badly. We had a great time though, and cruised through Wal-Mart. Sunday. It was a great day. I went to church, David Platt presented the best sermon on Leviticus I've ever heard. I got to see my old friends, Craig Stilley and Molly Barksdale, which was awesome. And that afternoon. Oh dear. I played 5 hours of frisbee on Sunday. Great for fun, not so great for the legs. We had club practice seeing as we have a tournament this coming weekend in Atlanta. I'm extremely excited. I really have a lot of respect for the leaders on our club team, Ferrousity. Justin Warden and Stephen Rhea are two awesome guys that I really look up to and I'm glad to know them as my frisbee captains and to have them as my friends. We also had intramural frisbee games Sunday night. Scoober-Doo started out with an upset over Fire and Brimstone. We played a great game and really just worked well as a team. It was a nailbiter and was a great game to leave with a win. I also played with the Fellows team, and we had a lot of fun as well. We lost by one in that game, but I got to meet several new people and have fun with my friends as we goofed around and shouted the team cry. Overall, it was a great weekend, and I look forward to making more memories with my friends here at Samford, and I can't wait for next weekends tourney.

And to catch up on tonight, I got my finalization letters from Kanakuk today, and I'm really excited about that. Only two weeks until I leave for Mexico with the Mississippi group, and I'm hoping that God works as we travel over there. And finally, I lead a Bible study group via Skype tonight and I swear, the halls have never been more crazy! People were yelling and screaming, poking their heads in my door, and to be honest I've never been more popular! It was very interesting, but it was a good experience and I'm praying that the advice I gave to those seniors will stick with them the way I wish advice had stuck to me.


Anyways, that's it for tonight, I've rambled enough.

Tim

I have come that they may have life, and have it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment