Thursday, July 15, 2010

Reading in between the white lines on the road.

I have to give credit for the title of this to Erin Quinn. I thought it was a great quote, and I think Ben Rector is awesome. So, there, I don't feel guilty or like a copy-cat anymore.

I am sitting up at 1:19 am wondering why i'm still awake, and why the questions keep on coming. Living in a new town, with no home, and not many friends isn't what I had in mind to end my summer with. But, maybe it's not about what I had in mind. (I don't know where this post is going, my fingers are just kind of roaming as I think...haha)

I wish things went the way I wanted, but if they did, they probably wouldn't turn out half as well as they typically do. I wish I could understand and know why. But I suppose, Job, a righteous man, when he asked God why, God answered him out of a storm and Job recieved the answer of his lifetime. No, I guess I don't need to know why, (nor could I if I did need to know).

I want to live a reformed, and a radical, and a sanctified life. But am I willing to sacrifice the life that I have in this real world, to have a life that is set apart?

Only time will tell.


"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, and whoever will lose his life for me will save it."
Luke 9:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment